Why become a member? ×

Push Switch

I can't seem to stop messing about with my Westfield and I've just seen a thread where someone mentioned a Bass with no controls at all. Now, I don't like the idea of no control but I thought about it and I don't use my volume control, so I would like to replace it with a killswitch.
I've had a bit of a look but can't see what I'm looking for.
I'd like a push switch with a shaft I could fit my current volume control knob to, so, ideally, it would be push-to-make push-to-break. Is there anything like that out there?

[url="http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Guitar-Gear-Push-Pull-Pot/"]http://www.giggear.c...-Push-Pull-Pot/[/url]
one of these will do you, they use them commonly for coil tap on humbucker tone or vol ctrl.
heres a thread on the telecaster forum showing how to hook it up
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-technical/203008-push-pull-kill-switch.html

Edited by Al Heeley

Thanks guys. I'm thinking that a Push/Pull pot may well be the way to go, I get a killswitch but still retain control of the volume. I know how to install them because I used them to tap the coils in my Dean, which is why I can't believe I hadn't thought of them myself. The Push/Push pot does fit my brief better but they're bloomin' expensive.

Edited by KingBollock

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1336047919' post='1639984']
Thanks guys. I'm thinking that a Push/Pull pot may well be the way to go, I get a killswitch but still retain control of the volume...[/quote]

Ah my bad. I thought you wanted rid of the volume control. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1336048834' post='1640002']
Ah my bad. I thought you wanted rid of the volume control. :)
[/quote]
I did...do... I don't know! To be honest it's tinkering for the sake of tinkering, there's no real reason for me to do it, especially as the current CTS Premium volume pot in there is only a couple of months old. I know I don't want a rotary switch and the push/push pot would be perfect, but they're quite expensive. What I shall probably do is wait and see if I come across a cheap push/push pot, now that I know for sure they exist.

:D
Well in my experience you don't want a push/pull for a kill switch as they are too easily (dis)engaged by mistake. I used to use a rotary on/off myself but have also made them with small flip switches... but that's no use for your mod. Edited by Ou7shined