Why become a member? ×

Which Tablet PC for us Bass Players

Hi Folks,
I've been looking at getting an Ipad2 for headphone practise, general muso stuff and app amp modeling etc etc and other general fun musical type stuff, sooooo
Before I pull the trigger are there any android tablets i should consider just in case. I know there was an issue with lag on Android Gingerbread but that's old hat now I guess.
Any thoughts would be very much appreciated before I go spending 300 odd I shouldn't of.
Cheers.
B)

Edited by kennyrodg

Get the iPad 3. I'm typing this on one. I've just upgraded from the 2 , being a nerd, and the screen on the 3 is noticeably sharper and clearer than the 2.

It is slightly heavier and about 1mm thicker than the 2, but IMHO well worth it.

A great thread. I've been thinking about asking a similar question.
However, is a 'tablet' screen big enough to use as an electronic version of sheet music/music stand?
I play a lot from sheet music or chord charts and the ability to use .pdfs or similar on a screen would be great. There's the problem of how and where to mount it so it can be seen, but that's another thread really.
So, would I be better off getting a power-book type device or would a tablet suffice?

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1336212144' post='1642495']
We've got a few of these for the band - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0055CL5XE/ref=asc_df_B0055CL5XE7735085?smid=A35ATNU92FJ7LH&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B0055CL5XE
[/quote]

Looks great, thanks for that. So you find the iPad or similar does the business?

I use the ipad for keeping all my charts and sheets on. It's easy to use and read. Also with a couple of the bands I play with we have different set ups that involve using Apps. We have several different pa set ups to depending on the gig and we've just bought the new Mackie DL1608 which allows us to each adjust our own mix on our ipads..... Works for us.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1336211769' post='1642490']
A great thread. I've been thinking about asking a similar question.

[/quote]

There's are a few threads like this already
so it might be worth looking at those as well.

While laptops etc might be better specified it's the size and ease of use that makes a tablet a better bet IME, and battery in the iPad seems to last forever so that's one thing less to worry about on stage.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1336213307' post='1642526']
There's are a few threads like this already
so it might be worth looking at those as well.

While laptops etc might be better specified it's the size and ease of use that makes a tablet a better bet IME, and battery in the iPad seems to last forever so that's one thing less to worry about on stage.
[/quote]

It feels like an attack of 'pooter GAS is coming on........