Why become a member? ×

FS: Ampeg SVT II-P, TC Electronics 1144, Peavey Classic 50/50, Peavey Classic 120

Incoming Mesa 400+ means the above high quality preamps and power amps are up for grabs. I'll post pics on Tuesday.

[s]Ampeg SVTII-P (1u all tube) £250

TC Electronics 1144 (1u) £150[/s]

Peavey Classic 50/50 (2u all tube stereo) £250

Peavey Classic 120 (3u all tube mono) £150

C

Edited by Beedster

Hi Chris,

Trying to send you a PM on my Blackberry but it's playing up!

If it's still available, i'm interested in the TC electronic preamp please and will contact you tomorrow when on a laptop to work out details..

Cheers

Nik

TC1144 sold, lots of PMs re pics of the Ampeg which I will sort tomorrow (although it looks like a SVTII-P in good condition). Re the Peavey's I'll also open them up and identify the tubes tomorrow; worth stating that they are both surprisingly good and surprisingly powerful (I gigged the 120 in a VERY loud power trio with a drummer who liked to hit hard and never got it much above mid way on the master, pretty clean tone even at that level also). As is always the case with Peavey gear, the power amps aren't light, but unlike some of their SS gear which has eft me feeling pretty ambivalent, the two power amps really impress (which is why I think I'll keep whichever one doesn't sell first)

C

Thought the Ampeg and Peavey 120 had gone but buyer seems to have disappeared, hence back up, and I will take pics today (sorry, just crap at these things).

I have to say that if you're after the classic Amoeg thing in an all valve unit that is lighter, smaller and less monstrously powerful than the classic models, the SVT II-P and the Peavey 120 is the way to go. 4u of portable, relatively light (and relatively cheap) tubey loveliness

C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1337080635' post='1654966']
I have to say that if you're after the classic Amoeg thing in an all valve unit that is lighter, smaller and less monstrously powerful than the classic models, the SVT II-P and the Peavey 120 is the way to go. 4u of portable, relatively light (and relatively cheap) tubey loveliness

C
[/quote]

Oh and don't be deceived by the 120w rating, it is LOUD :rolleyes:

OK I now have pics but for whatever reason I don't seem to be able to upload. If you'd like some pics please PM me your email address and I'll send them to you direct. I'm also going to list these on eBay this evening so I'll just link direct to the eBay auction for pics once I've done that.

C

All now on the bay but pics were crap due to a) my having not cleaned the lens and B) my general crapness with a camera anyway!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180883086480?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1188

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180883093779?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1188

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180883096493?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1188

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180883098011?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1188

C

Both Peavey power amps still up for grabs. Far better units than the Peavey label might lead you to believe, so if you're looking to put some tubes into your life, these would be a good start (and remember that solid state into tubes can be just as pleasing a combination as tubes into solid state).

C

I'm having some trouble with the eBay buyer of the 120 as he's in Finland, his address isn't recognised by the courier, he hasn't given me a phone number and he doesn't reply to emails. So, I think the 120 is likely to be for sale again pretty soon once I've refunded him
C