Why become a member? ×

Pair of vintage fender columns 4x8 Pair. !!SOLD!!

I bought these with the intention of sitting them either side of a silverface bassman head and cab, and displaying them, and playing with my two psych, '68 Tele basses. Reality is, that it probably won't happen!!

These are late 60's (Believed to be '68), pair of Fender columns. Each contains 4x8" speakers.

Very cool pair, rare in the UK. Black tolex, with cream tolex inner panels. The two 60's Fender badges are worth £50 each!!

The last pair I saw in the UK sold for £400.

I'm looking for £[s]200[/s] [u][b]£175[/b][/u] collected. I've never even plugged them in......I'm sure they work?? :rolleyes:

Offers welcome, but I won't give 'em away.

Click on pics to enlarge.

[attachment=107416:fender speakers front.jpg]

[attachment=107417:fender speakers back.jpg]

Cheers

Rick.

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

Fantastic - retrorama! Takes me back. I'm pretty sure that these would be PA columns - WEM seemed to have most of the market for this kind of thing in the UK in the '60s and early '70s - you'll see WEM columns at almost all the big outdoor gigs of the period. The Fenders appear to be in fabulous condition. I've no need and no space, but these columns should be in some kind of rock'n'roll museum for all to marvel at - incredibly cool.

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1336556453' post='1647334']
Fantastic - retrorama! Takes me back. I'm pretty sure that these would be PA columns - WEM seemed to have most of the market for this kind of thing in the UK in the '60s and early '70s - you'll see WEM columns at almost all the big outdoor gigs of the period. The Fenders appear to be in fabulous condition. I've no need and no space, but these columns should be in some kind of rock'n'roll museum for all to marvel at - incredibly cool.
[/quote]

Thanks Loz, cool is definitely the word for these, if I didnt need the space, they certainly wouldnt be going anywhere.

Retro, who you kidding lol, in new speak these are state of the art line array (or as near as). Super kit in excellent condition from photo, a must for the right tribute band - even if for appearance only.

[quote name='borisbrain' timestamp='1336741250' post='1650276']
Ooh, nice! Have a bump on me. If I could carry 'em, I'd have 'em...

BB
[/quote]

I'll deliver them to ya!! :rolleyes:

(Just bear in mind that where they land, is where they stay!!)

Actually, they ain't so bad. Much lighter than Trace gear for example!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1337419189' post='1659552']
[url="http://support.fender.com/manuals/pro_audio/PA_100_VocalSoundSystem_%281975%29_manual.pdf"]http://support.fende...5%29_manual.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks Jack, the price has just gone up now I have the manual!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...