Why become a member? ×

Olympic Studios

jakenewmanbass

I am doing a week of rehearsing with an artist that is releasing in August, we are lucky to have the use of Olympic in Barnes where legendary producer Chris Kimsey has set up (he worked there with the Stones and a massive list of others)
It's great to have the rehearsals being recorded to such a high standard, Chris is making it sound awesome from the off, so it's a dream to play.
[attachment=107420:P1010151.JPG]
main room from control room
[attachment=107421:P1010155.JPG]
my bass corner
[attachment=107422:P1010154.JPG]
the drums are in a tent... sound awesome, with the fab Andy Treacey, groove king extraordinaire
Our first gig is Hop Farm festival on the same day as Dylan... looking forward to that one!!

Edited by jakenewmanbass

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1336540616' post='1647110']
Thats cool Jake - although I thought Olympic Studios was being turned into a private cinema?
[/quote]
That's right Clarky, the large room upstairs is indeed, we are in studio 2 which Virgin had kitted out in the 80s, Chris started work at Olympic in 1967 so is part of it's history (he told me he just missed Hendrix) the chap that owns it is very sympathetic to the history of the building (it was originally a cinema) so is seeing how things develop while it's being refurbished... it's a fingers crossed... hope for it to become an inevitable, irresistible future for the studio, I feel very lucky to be part of it!

Edited by jakenewmanbass

Thats good to hear as its such an iconic building. As you know, its just up the road from me and I've seen loads of famous musicians come out of there over the years (Madonna, Brian Ferry, Spice Girls, Oasis, err Sham 69! etc etc) Enjoy :)