Why become a member? ×

Amplitube and Toneport

spinynorman

I've got a line 6 toneport which works fine with Gearbox. I've also got the free version of Amplitube, which appears to recognise the Toneport ok through the Asio driver, but I don't think the sound I'm hearing has anything to do with Amplitube. When I change rigs, or add a pedal, it makes no difference at all. It's on Windows 7, on a 15" widescreen laptop, and the bottom part of the Amplitube interface is off the bottom of the screen and can't be resized. Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

In case someone might be interested in a solution to this sort of problem.

a: I was using the laptop's headphone jack as output. Setting the default speakers to be the Toneport and plugging the headphones into that solves the general output problem.

b: I found an application called AirRack, which is no longer in development, but you can download it for free, Seems to work better in XP compatibility mode, but it does work. It gives you a software power amp and mixer into which you can feed the Toneport or other source, plus you can load Amplitube as a VST plugin, which solves the window size problem, plus there's a built-in MP3 player. Mixer took me a bit of working out, but it is all in the manual somewhere.

Download here [url="http://www.maizesoft.com/download/airrack/airrack.exe"]http://www.maizesoft...ack/airrack.exe[/url]

The window resizing problem in Amplitube stand-alone isn't, according to a post I saw from one of their support staff, a problem. It's just like that. Not being able to see 1/3rd of the app is ok, apparently.

Edited by spinynorman