Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN.

Stompbox

WITHDRAWN FROM SALE [s]is this rare, three colour sunburst, bass, with highly figured maple front and back, gold hardware, special edition logo on rear of headstock and a neck mounting plate confirming it is number 315 of 500 worldwide – [i]that’s a pretty limited edition - if, say 5 went to each of the USA states and the other 250 to the rest of the world. [/i]

(There was another 50th anniversary of the Precision bass itself, rather than the 50th anniversary of the Fender Company, done in 2001 which, I believe, were more numerous and in different finishes).

The bass has the tags, cleaning cloth, truss rod adjuster, owners manual, specifications booklet, guitar case keys, (also a pair of gold plated Schaller Strap Lock fittings, as the guitar comes with gold straplock buttons on it).

It is in the correct black tolex Fender logo'd rectangular case

It is in mint condition and, aside from its rarity, is a really excellent bass to play, with a lovely neck, through body stringing, and a great tone – it has the full, deep solid sound that I have always found with good quality Precisions.

[i]"1996 marked the anniversary of the Fender Company (1946 - 1996), and in celebration Fender issued a limited edition anniversary edition of the following instruments" [/i]
(The bracketed figures show how many were made):-
50[sup]th[/sup] American Standard Precision Bass (500)
50[sup]th[/sup] American Standard Jazz Bass (500)
50[sup]th[/sup] American Standard Jazz Bass V string (500)
50[sup]th[/sup] American Standard Stratocaster (2500)
50[sup]th[/sup] American Standard Stratocaster Left Handed (250)
50[sup]th[/sup] American Standard Telecaster (1250)

I’m in Morecambe - but I go to Oldham every two or three weeks so could, perhaps, meet up in the Manchester area.

This is up for sale, not for any part exchanges, swaps or trades - I've enough stuff already.

Please Email me with any queries or ring 0778 070 6991[/s]

Edited by Stompbox

Good afternoon KiOgon,

"Flamed Maple Caps" on the body - here's a link to the only other one I can find - this is one that sold in the States a couple of years ago....

[url="http://www.guitarplayersanonymous.org/Content/Fender_Precision_Bass_50th_Anniversary_Ltd_Edition_1996_.asp"]http://www.guitarplayersanonymous.org/Content/Fender_Precision_Bass_50th_Anniversary_Ltd_Edition_1996_.asp[/url]

Cheers,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,
Yep that looks almost as nice as yours B) the only others with that sort of Flamed Maple finish I've seen have been the Japanese Foto Flame basses from about the same period, hence my question.

Any means of weighing it? Would be interested to know how much it weighs?

Cheerz, John

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi John,[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Yes I've weighed it now - I put a loop of cord round the headstock & weighed it on a spring balance - like a fishing scale - it weighs in at almost exactly 4 kilos ( just under 9 pounds).[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cheers,[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Geoff[/font][/size]