Why become a member? ×

Boss Slow Gear SG-1 - Rare Japanese Boss - SOLD

Sibob

Hi guys,

Have my eye on something, so thought I'd move this on.
Rare, May 1979 (as decoded by the Boss Area serial number machine) Slow Gear SG-1.
Volume swells on the fly without a volume pedal.

This is the rarer silver screw edition, it features quirky circuitry whereby the effect is latching, but the LED on the pedal is momentary. WHY?? you ask, who knows, those crazy Japanese pedal designers.
This is corroborated by notes in the schematic: [url="http://schematics.circuitdiagram.net/viewer.php?id=bwy1291369545z.jpg"]http://schematics.ci...1291369545z.jpg[/url]

The later version of the pedal changed this, and you could mod the LED on this to be latching.....but I've kept it original.

[b]SOLD[/b]

Cheers
Si

Very cool, make sure you let us know how much it goes for!

Would someone mind telling me the difference between 'latching' and 'momentary' aswell as providing a couple of examples so I can go and have a look on YouTube or something please?

Cheers!

Alex

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1337155599' post='1656183']
Very cool, make sure you let us know how much it goes for!

Would someone mind telling me the difference between 'latching' and 'momentary' aswell as providing a couple of examples so I can go and have a look on YouTube or something please?

Cheers!

Alex
[/quote]

Alex,

Quite simply... Latching is one press to turn on and one to turn off - like pretty much every pedal you own. Non-latching or momentary is only on while you hold the switch down.

Shep

Precisely, thanks Shep.
It was purposely built like that, not a fault/mod, but was quickly changed in later versions for obvious reasons I guess.

As mention, this could be modded so the LED is latching too, but I've kept it original.

Cheers
Si

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1337159439' post='1656270']
Alex,

Quite simply... Latching is one press to turn on and one to turn off - like pretty much every pedal you own. Non-latching or momentary is only on while you hold the switch down.

Shep
[/quote]

Ah I see, cheers!

Alex