Why become a member? ×

Sold - bassboost preamp/overdrive (thanks!)

Al Heeley

Currently surplus to requirement is my small format BassBoost preamp/overdrive pedal
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/alheeley/7205697192/"][/url]
This is based on the Xotic BB pre-amp clone from Madbean, modded for use with bass, and fitted with phat switch to enhance bass frequency response.
The heart of the pedal is basically a modded tubescreamer circuit but with additional op-amp driving active treble and bass controls.
This means you get a wide range of tones as well as gain settings from virtually clean boost through to ear-searing overdrive/distortion.
It's a really versatile circuit, will do a fine job with lead guitar though this bass version will give a really warm deep sound bias due to the swapped-out filter cap values, with the phat switch off it will make you sound like one of Joe Bonamassa's less talented mates on a good night.
This has standard 9v boss-type centre negative power input, no battery space.
Buy this pedal, buy it now, it's only £55 delivered (mainland UK) and I need to fund a couple more builds to satisfy my pedal lust.
I'm holding on to my carling can version on my pedalboard, you may have seen it on the DIY thread, it has a permanent position there now to supply a bit of grit in place of my old Boss ODB-3.

Edited by Al Heeley

I can totally vouch for this pedal!
I have one of the BassBoosts in a slightly larger format /box and it's fantastic!
Hasn't been off my board since I got it :)

Buy it now

Si