Why become a member? ×

How do I keep my videos high quality after they've been through Reaper?

lobematt

I've started doing my youtube videos through reaper but when I render them down the quality goes a bit rubbish compared to how they looked originally.

The settings I use to render are...

video - ffmpeg
avi 1280x720
30fps
mjpeg 512 kps 128 kps 16 bit

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ummm - all I can suggest is exporting them through something like iMovie / Final Cut Pro - as that encodes them perfectly in HD - but the best format is M4V and or MPEG4 - those work well on Youtube - also when you setup the movie preferences use the H.264 setting for compression and seeing as Youtube can take full HD files I would also go for either the HDTV 720p or HDTV 1080i...

Hope that helps - sorry I don't use Reaper so I'm not familar with the settings for exporting/saving video.

Cheers

M

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't exported from Reaper for a while now, but i think i just made a short video, then went through all the settings, exprting in turn to see which worked best. Set it to equal the input resolution and it doesnt hurt to keep the frame rate high i have found when i slap it on youtube, but as Mike says, the HD resolutions should work.