Why become a member? ×

Good slap lessons? (book/DVD/youtube) ?

So after many years neglecting slap technique I've decided to dedicate sometime to it as I'll be between bands soon... Not something I care much about for my own style but I figured I should be able to effortlessly do some cool licks here and there just to impress the easily impressionable...

So, what should I look into? I'd like some proper structured programme, like a book with a DVD or CD, or something like that. Or suggest me the best guy doing free videos on youtube or something... Basically, save me the search and point me straight to the top quality resources :) Thanks

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1337879809' post='1666947']
So after many years neglecting slap technique I've decided to dedicate sometime to it as I'll be between bands soon... Not something I care much about for my own style but I figured I should be able to effortlessly do some cool licks here and there just to impress the easily impressionable...

So, what should I look into? I'd like some proper structured programme, like a book with a DVD or CD, or something like that. Or suggest me the best guy doing free videos on youtube or something... Basically, save me the search and point me straight to the top quality resources :) Thanks
[/quote]

Might be a good idea to check out some of MarloweDK's vids on YT if you can't have any private lessons.

Alternatively, there's the Alexis Sklarevski "Slap Bass Programme" DVD. Book wise, Stuart Clayton, Jon Liebman, and Tony Oppenheim have all produced slap technique books that will take you from basics to advanced.

MarloweDK offers (or at least used to offer) a download of a complete set of all his youtube videos for a very modest sum given how much inspiration he provides and how well he goes through each lick. Beats browsing by a good margin IMO. Also, the Stuart Clayton slap book is fantastic - he also has some amazingly correct Level42 books if you're into that.