Why become a member? ×

Guitarist help - Alabama Shakes

Walker

We have a guitarist who is a technophobe. He has a decent multiFX, but doesnt use it for anything interesting.

We need him to sound like 'Hang Loose' by the Alabama Shakes for a couple of numbers.

http://youtu.be/sWG-n0CXnrg

Any ideas where to start? I'll probably end up programming it for him.

this sounds like a semi acoustic with both pickups straight into a tube amp without much gimmicks except some reverb, and both guitars sound rather similar.
what guitar->fx->amp does your guitarplayer use?

Not sure I hear any effects in there? Just a vintage sounding guitar with humbuckers probably into an old tube amp. Depends on what guitar and amp he already has - I would maybe look at amp models on the multi-fx, but a large part of that sound is from the guitar itself. If he has a strat for example you could make it sound more like humbuckers with EQ or perhaps a pedal like the EHX Knockout.

Cheers guys, sorry for delay in replying, been on London for a few days.

He has a Tokai 335 clone and a Digitech RP355 Modeling Guitar Processor - so lots to play with. I think the best thing would be for me to tweak for him and see how close I can get using the amp modelling and a pinch of reverb.