Why become a member? ×

Bloody furious!!!!!!!

karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1338983101' post='1681892']
It's the no trial that really hacks me off, and his message to me didn't mention I'd been kicked out. That is gutless even by internet standard.
[/quote]

This is my last post there:
"Thank you all for the reasonable replies. Since his name now has come out, here's my perspective: Karl has been an Attitude endorser with lots of knowledge and the ability to draw more people to the instrument and to this group. He posts an innocent link, as said above, and then not only gets the thread deleted but is also expelled without warning and without a chance to explain or defend himself.

My choice of first comment was purely tactical. It had to be hard for Anders to pull the thread once others had seen it, and people had to become provoked enough to get into action and start discussing.
Now I don't particularly like to work like this, but deemed it necessary given recent group history. I'm fully aware many people find this stupid or disagreeable or such, and would prefer polite discourse. I didn't believe in that line given the background.
Anders' comments in this thread seem to confirm my analysis of how his brain works. Hanging? Beheading?"
/end quote

I feel I've been too little aware of how this might affect you, and I apologise for that. I think the best thing now would be if people like Andy and Clive distance themselves from my actions whilst keeping up the pressure for better group dynamics and better behaviour by Anders.

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1338983101' post='1681892']
And Rick, I hope you aren't slagging off my new Mex FSR Sea foam green dude, beauty, beholder etc.
Especially hurtful as I adore ALL of yours :P.
[/quote]

Not at all, it was the purple thing shown in the first few posts. Sea foam green is a very rare fender custom colour, especially on a bass, therefore Sir, I approve! :D

The purple one looks like a 3rd year woodwork project, where not only did they get an E-, they also mis-cut the pickup route in the pearl pickguard, and instead of doing it again, just stuck a patch piece on the top....i could go on of course, but we'll leave it there. It reminds me of my sons vomit of some years ago after drinking too much Ribena, and then vomitting on the rug, athough thinking about it, the vomit was more aesthetically pleasing!

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1338983681' post='1681906']
Puh, nobody has any taste [b]at all[/b] if they like seafoam, antigua, green, sunburst, lacquer, natural, oiled or invisible.
[/quote]

Black, Lake Placid Blue???? :scratch_one-s_head:
If they hang or behead me at least I'll get a day off work :lol:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1338987680' post='1681991']
Black, Lake Placid Blue???? :scratch_one-s_head:
[/quote]

Sorry, forgot those. No taste [b]at all[/b] if your bass has any colour, including lake placid blue and black... ish. (BTW, my own lack of taste favours classy subdued hints of natural wood, with thick layers of candy red or tangerine pearl (orange) on top of that.)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1338987680' post='1681991']
If they hang or behead me at least I'll get a day off work :lol:
[/quote]

Hehehe.
Actually, Anders asked if I would be content with [b]his[/b] public hanging or beheading.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1338983681' post='1681906']
Puh, nobody has any taste [b]at all[/b] if they like seafoam, antigua, green, sunburst, lacquer, natural, oiled or invisible.
[/quote]

Ouch... my taste :lol: :lol:

Personally I think everyone is being as bad as one another on the page!

Karl, I do agree that you being booted out without a wrist slap or a "Reminder: Keep things as on topic as possible" is overly harsh, and unnecessary.

Anders is a good guy, though he was being over zealous!

One thing I've learnt from Basschat is how to get along with people and I'm very thankful for the community for that, and maybe it's as the average age of the forum is a good few years older than I am.

For example I whole heartedly disagree with Rick's Fine '52 s opinon on the Attitude, but that's fine as we are all entitled to our opinions. As long as we don't cause unneed arguements and hurt feelings it's alright, and we can all get along with out too much conflict or issues!

Entirely IMO though!

Thing is Adam he didn't have the guts to warn me, pull me up about it, discuss it or even inform me I had been kicked out, he simply removed my permissions without even mentioning it. GUTLESS. Spoilt Brat-ish.
He's a coward and a cyber bully. Your maturity at your age, shames him even more.
There is a chap on here selling an Attitude 11. He was asking if anybody knew where he might get some interest. I hummed and hawed about PM ing him and decided in the circs it may be better if somebody else points him in the direction of Yamaha Attitude Ltd Facebook page ;) .

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1339010416' post='1682473']
Thing is Adam he didn't have the guts to warn me, pull me up about it, discuss it or even inform me I had been kicked out, he simply removed my permissions without even mentioning it. GUTLESS. Spoilt Brat-ish.
He's a coward and a cyber bully. Your maturity at your age, shames him even more.
There is a chap on here selling an Attitude 11. He was asking if anybody knew where he might get some interest. I hummed and hawed about PM ing him and decided in the circs it may be better if somebody else points him in the direction of Yamaha Attitude Ltd Facebook page ;) .
[/quote]

Oh yeah I get that and I totally agree it was completely uncalled for, since he gave no warning no explaination.

It is simply unfair on you. I've considered messaging Anders but am not convinced of where it will lead...

Maybe he's had a mini power trip?

And thank you that means alot.

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1339013700' post='1682532']
Let`s face it.

Facebook is sh*t.

Stay away from it and stay happy :D
[/quote]

Not a big fan but the "youngsters" in the band use it for some communiques.
I find it surprising people can F and blind to their hearts content, but can't mention Fenders, :lol:

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1338981262' post='1681865']
... or you could close your Facebook account - it's like banning the whole of Facebook from your life.

I highly recommend it.
[/quote]

Worked for me. I got sick of being offered free lunches and warnings about the dangers of microwave ovens.

So he has told me it wasn't his intention to remove my permissions, he must have made a mistake.
He has told me that he can not re-instate me, that I must apply for membership.

I can't apply for membership because the page won't come up, because I dont have permission to access the page.
What a load of bollocks.
I'm off to spank a Fender!

Hi Karl,

I don't know if you know, but a lot of pressure was put on Anders to reinstate you and I believe he has written to you. Mistake or not, it is important, to me and many others that you are part of the group and continue to contribute. I have provided a link below in hope it will show up on your FB:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/294500090592/

Let me know how you get on.

andy

[quote name='andy67' timestamp='1339140567' post='1684142']
Hi Karl,

I don't know if you know, but a lot of pressure was put on Anders to reinstate you and I believe he has written to you. Mistake or not, it is important, to me and many others that you are part of the group and continue to contribute. I have provided a link below in hope it will show up on your FB:

[url="http://www.facebook.com/groups/294500090592/"]http://www.facebook....s/294500090592/[/url]

Let me know how you get on.

andy
[/quote]

Hi Andy, sorry, been exhibiting (oooh er missus) at a franchise show. Cold turkey on Basschat for 14 hours :o .
Humbling to hear of support regarding how it was done, alas the link just comes up "closed group". My own bookmark comes up blah blah you do not have permission...........
Seriously though, thanks for everything,
cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1338982348' post='1681882']
Its incredible that this happened and very stupid.

Mind you I once went on the Ernie Ball forum and asked why my Stingray had so many dead spots. Big Boppa/Poppa or whatever his user name is was straight down my throat within a millisecond of me posting the thread telling me to take it up via a dealer. It didn't help when I told him my local dealer was crap and that was why I was posting on the forum to seek help as his Stingray was unplayable.
[/quote]

Stingrays have such bad dead spots/weak D and G strings...I think it's a case of "they all do that, sir".

No fixing them, if they offered a replacement bass for every 'Ray that suffers these faults they'd probably be replacing 80% of all their basses!

Unfortunately - this is the way of things on (some) internet forums. They are run by people who will never get any power or responsibility in the "real" world!

You want to try working in the non-windows end of IT. I've been kicked of mailing lists for quoting prior messages at the beginning, not the end, or whichever. Anyway, my point, there's more to life than worrying about this cr*p :)

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1339013700' post='1682532']
Facebook is sh*t. Stay away from it and stay happy :D
[/quote]

Yes, I commited Facebook suicide ages ago and have never looked back. :) What a relief.
I'm never getting involved with bloody Twitter either. NEVER!!

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1339186163' post='1685208']
Stingrays have such bad dead spots/weak D and G strings...I think it's a case of "they all do that, sir".

No fixing them, if they offered a replacement bass for every 'Ray that suffers these faults they'd probably be replacing 80% of all their basses!
[/quote]

bit of a generalisation, no? :lol:

I have to say my Stingray does have a bit of a dead spot, but the SUB has no problem whatsoever... just like at least Fenders... some have some noticeable spots, most you won't even be bothered by them.