Why become a member? ×

Cabronita CS PBass 'Grease Bucket' Circuit

Billy Apple

I had a play on a Fender Cabronita Porrazo Custom Shop P Bass today. In spite of the price, it was a wonderful bass. It is advertised as having a 'Grease Bucket' circuit. Can anyone tell me what it is, and how it differs from a normal P circuit? Is it genuinely something different, or just a marketing buzz phrase?

Sounded great though, but not a huge variation in bass/treble from one way t'other. More like it was a mid shift than bass/treble (to my uneducated lugs!).

Thanks in advance

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1339289048' post='1686560']
To call it a circuit is a bit much. It's basically just a resistor and a cap added to a standard circuit to create a sort of simulated high pass and low pass filter to prevent muddiness. Highway 1 styleee.
[/quote]

Thanks for that. It did sound great, but not a huge 'sweep' from bass to treble, if you get my drift. I'll pass your comments on to Fender inc. about it not being a circuit.. The cheeky buggers are marketing it as 'The Greasebucket Tone Circuit'! And not just that, they've trademarked the word 'Greasebucket' so any time you say it, you have to pay Fender inc an undisclosed sum. Still, I think they're nicer folk the Rickenlawsuit

Edited by billyapple