Why become a member? ×

New vid from 'All The Queen's Ravens' - oops not finalised. Please ignore

Clarky

We recorded a video a few weeks back with Another Lazy Sunday ([url="http://www.anotherlazysunday.co.uk/about-us/"]http://www.anotherla...co.uk/about-us/[/url]), a small, friendly organisation that is devoted to producing videos and concerts and promoting a group of unsigned music artists.

[b]Edit: I didn't realise this wasn't the final version and so I shouldn't have posted it, hence I've removed the link for now. Sorry about that[/b]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1339340154' post='1687050']
Does your guitarist play a R/H acoustic left-handed?
[/quote]
Good spot, he does indeed play a r/h guitar "upside down". Think he found it was all that was on offer when he was learning to play guitar as a lefty and its stuck with him. He's very good and it doesn't seem to hamper him in any way

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1339349999' post='1687251']
How many takes were required to get that one?
[/quote]
Each take was performed live (the girls had hidden mic's, while the acoustic guitar and mandolin were DI'd and the double bass and djembe drum were picked up with a boom mic). IIRC we did about 6 or 7 takes in all but the first three had to be scrapped due to a faulty mic for Laura (the Spanish-speaking dark-haired one). Once mic problem fixed, we did about 3 or 4 more takes and the producers chose the best one.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1339342502' post='1687092']
Really enjoyed that Clarky, and an almost victorious pose from yourself at the end - yes they only featured the bass player's mug twice, but the second time was the closing shot!! Yey!
[/quote]
Not so much victorious, more like .... err, have they stopped rolling and what do I do with my face now I've stopped playing?!

Oops turns out this wasn't necessarily the final version (hence why its still password protected) and I shouldn't have posted it publicly. Ermn, well I'm glad those of you have seen it enjoyed it but I had better remove the link and password from the OP

Edited by Clarky