Why become a member? ×

FS/Feeler: Fender HMT Pbass

mojobass

this is primarily a feeler at the minute just to see if theres any interes in this one, as ive found something else i'd like to buy but happy to hang on to this if the other one doesnt materialise!

Its a limited run Fender HMT Pbass, semi hollow, standard P shape but peculiar headstock shape (not everyones cup of tea I know but ce la vi)

Its in pretty good nick for its age, few light age related scrapes etc but nothing horrible by any stretch.

It does have a couple of issues - the piezo pickup doesnt appear to work (never bothered me as i use the lace sensor pup anyhow, something i have thought about investigating but never got round to it)

Also I reckon it could do with a fret dress, the action is low and it seems to choke on the upper frets (19-21) looking at it it may just need the last few frets re-seating as they are a wee bit proud of the neck but it wouldnt be an expensive fix)

Anyhow, all things considered its a really nice bass - nice and light! other than the piezo issue the rest of the electrics function 100% (vol, tone, and even the balance pot although obviously theres nothing there when turned to just the piezo option)

Can send pics to any interested party but for now heres a pic of it i took recently when the sun was out!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:108891]

dont really know about price seeing as these dont appear very often. Taking into account the issues £350ish seem fair?

£350 ish very fair. I had one one these, very light, very powerful, wonderful range.
I am desperately trying not to buy this due to very fond memories on the good side and Attila the Hen wife on the bad side.
Good luck, great basses.
Karl.