Why become a member? ×

CH Guitars bass necks

muttley

CH Guitars has some very reasonably priced bass necks on eBay. I feel a project coming on.... There have been a few favourable mentions on BC regarding their necks but I thought I would ask again for members' experience of these. In other words, are they any good?

cheers :)

Yes. Ive got a fretless rosewood Jazz neck and its a beautifull player. Came with no side marks and the only thing I did was round the sides off a touch and a quick fine sand and lemon oil. Fitted the pocket on my no name body perfectly. Unfortunately they dont sell them anymore. Thier stock seems to be going down in general to!

Id love to get a paddle head fretless Jazz but cant find one for love nor money!!

A

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1339593901' post='1691081']
All round cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for.
I've vowed never to by any crumbly screws off them ever again... they seem to make them out of silver coated cheese. :)
[/quote]

But are you talking about the necks as well or just their emmental hardware? Because I would say the two are like chalk and............. well you know the rest B)

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1339659543' post='1691993']
But are you talking about the necks as well or just their emmental hardware? Because I would say the two are like chalk and............. well you know the rest B)

A
[/quote]

I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of one of their necks, so it wouldn't be fair to comment... however anything I have bought through them has at best been ... how best to say it ... adequate? :D Hey they sell budget parts.
I have used Dr Parts ones in the past - some were good, some bad but once I'd done a bit of remedial on them they came out fine. Maybe that'll be the case with these.

[quote name='muttley' timestamp='1340177635' post='1700256']
I ordered a fretless Jazz neck from CH and it arrived yesterday. Quality is fairly good considering the price - just needs a bit of smoothing here and there. Profile is nice and slim too.
[/quote]

Shhhhhh dont tell everyone ;) Are you doing to put side dots on it?

A