Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.6, Surrey, Saturday 29th September 2012

Hamster

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1348919022' post='1819757']
What a delightful part of the M25 this is! I've often thought how nice it would be to spend a couple of hours enjoying that two mile stretch by Leatherhead, especially instead of attending one of those boring bass bashes...
[/quote]

likewise - sadly i wont be able to grace you with my feline ginger charms (nor my stone-clad TRB) as i heard the travel news on the wireless and turned the motor vehicle around at the next junction :( but hope it all goes thumpingly well for everybody who does make it :)

Edited by steve-bbb

Home at last - took an hour to drive from the function to the M25...

I can report that a good time was had by all...

Again, good to put faces to user names and also to see Ped's face when he found out that Wayne had put a "for sale" sign on his bass...BTW, thanks for the BC Lanyard Ped...

Sorry, Wayne, that I had to turn down your generous offer of £6 for the Overwater...you were gazzumped (remember that word???) by a few people..

Many thanks to Colin and Nick for putting on a great event...a great day out for those who attended..unlucky for those who didn't...

See you next year??

A genuine pleasure to meet some old friends and make some new ones. Very nice to put faces to names and names to faces!

A very well done to those of you who got stuck in the appalling traffic on the M.25 and got to the bash. Even though we were due to finish at 5pm, we had some 4.20pm arrivals who left home hours before. We went on until about 6.30pm in the end!

The raffle went better (faster!) and I'll be working out our overall profits tomorrow, because I need a few pints having been on my feet since 8am!

Nige - really missed you mate, but I did use a large amount of gaffer tape to prevent trip hazards just for you :)

Had a great day, good to see some new faces and catch up with some old. Plenty of pics to upload but at the mo I'm in the pub having a bevy or three celebrating Chelsea beating arse and Spurs keeping manure off our back, but that's a whole other thread! Some great kit and basses as usual, good talks again and lots of good advice given. Again thanks to Hamster, Mrs Hamster and Nick for the great organisation again :)
Back to the beer!

Sorry to have missed this after all, but I don't think anyone would have appreciated it if they went away with a sore throat and cold.
Anyway, it does sound like it was another good day and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Colin and Nik - I'd still like to pay towards the cost and/or the charity fund. Let me know the best way to do this. Ta.
Cheers,
Steve

[quote name='Stingray5' timestamp='1348949851' post='1820130']
Colin and Nik - I'd still like to pay towards the cost and/or the charity fund. Let me know the best way to do this. Ta.
Cheers,
Steve
[/quote]

That's very kind of you - and typical of the kindness and generosity of many at the bash today! I'll PM you my paypal account name. If you send it as a gift I'll add the cash to the overall profit.

Colin

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1348950183' post='1820133']
That's very kind of you - and typical of the kindness and generosity of many at the bash today! I'll PM you my paypal account name. If you send it as a gift I'll add the cash to the overall profit.

Colin
[/quote]

Done!

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1348949944' post='1820131']
Just back having led the convoy through dangerous waters ... well Stoke D'Abernon via Brooklands (poxy Snav).

Great fun day despite the best efforts of the M25. Good to see everyone again.

Roll on next year.
[/quote]

10 4 Rubber Duck :)

Top day - lovely to see everyone again, hopefully this time some of you left the compressor chat feeling lesss daunted than the last one, and better prepared to have a crack a a more fully featured device.

I will post up tehe how to on the blog when I get a minute (totally knackered right now!)

Fantastic to see Alex Clabber there - great new cab he's developing!!

Thanks again for leading us all to safety WM!!

What a nightmare today was. :( Still, after battling with the worst excesses the M25 had to offer, it was nice to get there and to still find people there! Great to meet all of you who were still around, and I'll be sure to be there for the next one!

Belatedly adding my thanks to Colin and Nick for organising the bash - it was my first and I loved it, and can't wait to the next one! Also thank you to both Simons for their tech talks, which I followed to the best of my abilities.

Si (MacDaddy), Paul and I left rather in a hurry after the raffle because the Junkyard Dogs had a gig in Chiswick tonight. Jack played through the pain but still offered a sterling performance, and so did the other guys, and the gig went down a storm. So all's well.

I've got another billion photos to sort and publish in the next few days!

Now to a well deserved good night's sleep for all of us.