Why become a member? ×

For Trade: my nice 'Bitsa' 70's Precision replica for a 5 string bass

Raslee

Need a 5 string for a new project. Anything considered, preference to jazz passive types.

So onto my trade bait, my home assembled Bitsa P, well i think its a rather decent spec which cost me around the £300 mark to do, i guess i value it somewhere around there ish:[list]
[*]Nice light relic body, nothing scary! Not sure of origin, think its alder but not 100%...certainly not ply crap.
[*]Might mighty, Lic by Fender maple neck with 70's decal added by the supplier, lightly varnished...was planning to get an aged tint but not got around to it.
[*]Proper 70's cream Dimarzio pick up with adjustable pole pieces...good piece of proper vintage kit this.
[*]Some vintage wiring loom from B/C's genius Kiogon with some old school russian capacitor thing, gives good tone.
[*]Aged P knobs (dull crome)
[*]Quality Schaller tuners.
[*]Decent bridge, not sure of origin.
[*]Fender neck plate.
[/list]
This is a great players Precision bass and plays lovely with low action. I've obviously gone for a 70's replica ish look bar the change of better pick up, which is actually from the 70's. There was a small gap in the neck pocket on assembly which i shimmed with card, nothing to drastic but it keeps it tight. I will miss this as we have bonded quite well but admittedly I tend to play my thinner neck 4 string basses these days. However i needs a 5 string for some heavy dub coming up!

Obviously its the right one in the pic below.
There are some more detailed pics in this link but when it had a previous pick up prior to the now fitted cream Dimarzio. [url="https://plus.google.com/photos/118380618731756986255/albums/5710228643771424529?authkey=CLyxiMrhxreRUA"]https://plus.google....=CLyxiMrhxreRUA[/url]

Can send via courier.

Edited by Rasta