Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Thunderbird Liverpool £115 -TRADE AGREED

SlapbassSteve

[color=#555555]Selling my second Epiphone Thunderbird after a week...[/color]
[color=#555555]It was made in the Unsung factory in Korea in 2001 according to the serial number. I bought it recently hoping to use with my covers band but it's not as versatile as I'd've liked; and while the sound has unsurprisingly suited Kings of Leon tunes well, it's a bit too heavy for Del Amitri/Rod Stewart/Stereophonics covers so I'm looking to sell.[/color]
[color=#555555]Its got a fair few marks and dinks in it, and the previous owner made some 'adjustments' to the wiring apparently to make it louder/sound better- essentially now the sound from both pickups go through one volume control knob. I've had a look at fixing it myself and it'd be an easy job(basically should be wired the same as a Fender Jazz bass) but frankly I can't be bothered! Would fix for buyer if buyer willing to pay an extra tenner to cover expenses (need wire strippers and wire to do it properly, the existing wiring's working but butchered!).[/color]
[color=#555555]All that aside it's a fantastic rock/metal bass with a classic tone. These things are virtually indestructible and 9/10 players wouldn't need to adjust the individual pickup volumes/tone control which this currently lacks. I should stress that although the pickups don't have individual volumes, the bass still works and it still produces that classic thunderbird growl. [/color]
[color=#555555][b]£115[/b][/color]
[color=#555555]Trades welcome, let me know what you're offering! [/color]
[color=#555555]I confess to being a lazy, lazy man so collection only from L3 Liverpool please... sorry![/color]

Edited by SlapbassSteve