Why become a member? ×

Bad GAS for a lefty Ricky

throwoff

I have quite severe Ricky GAS, I did play a 4003 a few years back and frankly wasn't keen.

Does anyone in the southeast have a lefty I can have a bash on at some point, if anything to let me remember I don't like them before I do something foolish online!

Edited by throwoff

If I tried a lefty one strung righty might it have less neck dive than a righty one? :lol:

Im the same as you, I get Ricky gas then I play one and it quickly goes away! I have had grief for it many times on here but they are always the same, neck dive, sharp body edge, stupid sharp pickups, fret board that feels like it came off a bass with a narrower neck and more neck dive just for good measure! yes I know everyone has one on here that does not have all these things but the truth is they do but you love them for it anyway. I know all these thing yet the gas comes again and again, why? :)

Wear the bass slightly higher up than normal on a neoprene strap and get one of those plastic pickup surrounds. Not a hint of neck dive.

[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/Delberthot/533316_437098552989531_746791279_n.jpg[/IMG]

I'd been playing an Epiphone Thunderbird that pointed upwards regardless of what people say for the past 18 months until I got this. You can just make me out at the back left of this photo

[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/Delberthot/301329_246625948703460_7433402_n.jpg[/IMG]