Why become a member? ×

Let Me Entertain You

Hobbayne

Has anyone played this one? I know its really only 3 chords going round in sequence, but the bassline never seems to play the same part twice.
I think I,ll have another listen, as I have to nail it for Saturday. :rolleyes:
(The Robbie Williams song, not the Queen one.)

Edited by Hobbayne

We do this one. I generally stick to the root on the verse, possibly with a quick 5th now and again (depends on my mood lol), and came up with a more complex root, octave then pentatonic progression back to the root for the chorus. I'm sure it's nothing like the original but it seems to work and gives a nice groove to the song.

Cheers

Geoff

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1340741171' post='1709067']
If you can't, do what I do and make your own bassline or adapt it.

The majority of punters won't realise the difference (that said my punters are my cats and chickens! Lol!)
[/quote]

My punters are a greyhound, a jack russell and occasionally a neighbour or unsuspecting friend :D .

Definitely one for the 'not necessary to stick note for note to the original' file unless it was a bona fide RW trib act and even then I think there's plenty of leeway for some improv. I think I have jammed it in the distant past and tried to keep some feel of the original but def not 100% accurate. Stick plenty of octave jumps and fills from chorus back to verse and it sounds close enough. I think I used to put in a few Duff McKagan type fills in for a laugh.

Yeah, play whatever you like. I manage to fit in the riffs for Transcending by the Chilis and South Side of the Sky by Yes at different parts of the song for my own amusement, although I reckon I could fit in a bit of the Queen song of the same name :lol: Right that's Friday night's challenge

Gigged this only once when depping last year, it's more about feel and dynamics than playin the exact amount of notes to the record, fortunately I got to play it with a good drummer

The LPB pbass will almost do it for you :)