Why become a member? ×

Ampeg solid state - what's hot right now?

Jigster

Totally out of the loop as have been happy as larry with my TC Electronic but perhaps fancying a change for a bit more of an old school sound, (as much as poss with sold state) anyone have any opinions on the current [b]affordable[/b] ss Ampeg range?

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1341050607' post='1713174']
Thanks Guys

Gareth, what's the REV C00
[/quote]

Hi! It's the latest version. Last time I spoke to Soundslive they had them in stock and I think they have the lowest price on em.

There have been problems with the previous models, and a few reports of cutting out with the Rec C00 (but nowhere near as many).

Unfortunately Ampeg haven't quite got to grips with getting products right first time recently, but if I didn't have the Shuttlemax 9.2, id get the 7 Pro.

Stacks of clean power, so just be careful with the master volume haha!

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1341011101' post='1712957']
The PF500 is a great sounding amp. Some have had problems with theirs, but I never encountered anything other than great tone with mine. Sounds great teamed with a Precision.
[/quote]

They do indeed. Also with a Thunderbird!! Can be a bit choosy with cabs - mine has gone into protect using a battered Ampeg 8x10 but works fine with the Portaflex cabinets and also a 450w Peavey 1x15 I put it through at rehersal.