Why become a member? ×

Back after a couple of years.. how good is my gear?

Lew-Bass

Hi all, was a regular reader of the site until academia and such got the better of me and I ended up neglecting all things bass for a good 2 years (I know, how could I?).

Basically, I'm fully intending and determined to get back into playing now and I was wondering, what's my gear like 2 years on? It was never the best but it was alright for a player of very humble abilities, I'm just intrigued as to how much technology has moved on in the past couple of years..

[font=Verdana][b][u][color=#000000]Basses[/color][/u][/b]
[color=#000000]Warwick Corvette Standard 4 - MEC Active Circuitry/Swamp Ash Body/Ovangkol Neck/Wenge FB[/color]

[b][u][color=#000000]Amplification[/color][/u][/b]
[color=#000000]TecAmp 210 Puma Combo[/color][/font]

Edited by Lew-Bass

Yes. Welcome back
[i]"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"[/i] Welcome to the hotel Basschat

Some people use vintage amps.
I use old but trusty Trace Elliot gear
Just because it isn't brand new, it doesn't stop it sounding good or being fit for purpose.
If you can hear it over a drummer and the DI works, it'll do for now!

sounds like you have a very good set-up to me. plus its never about the gear you have its about the person behind it, i have seen some drummers have a top of the line kit, cymbals and hardware but was no better than a grade 4 drummer i would say, my drummer on the other hand has only just recently got a semi pro level gretsch kit equivalent to a pearl export and has just taken his grade 8 and his 5 theory and is going on to Leeds college of music at the age of 17 and is probably the best drummer i have ever played with. the point behind this story is give a beginner a 3000 pound bass and you have noise but give a seasoned pro a 300 pound Bass and as long as its in tune you will have music. and welcome back its nice to see more bassist.

[quote name='simon bass' timestamp='1341267231' post='1716289']
sounds like you have a very good set-up to me. plus its never about the gear you have its about the person behind it, i have seen some drummers have a top of the line kit, cymbals and hardware but was no better than a grade 4 drummer i would say, my drummer on the other hand has only just recently got a semi pro level gretsch kit equivalent to a pearl export and has just taken his grade 8 and his 5 theory and is going on to Leeds college of music at the age of 17 and is probably the best drummer i have ever played with. the point behind this story is give a beginner a 3000 pound bass and you have noise but give a seasoned pro a 300 pound Bass and as long as its in tune you will have music. and welcome back its nice to see more bassist.
[/quote]

Brilliantly put and nice story about your drummer, your band must sound sweet!