Why become a member? ×

new neck

The body and neck are both Phils? Thing is, fender necks are made from square material. The heel shouldn't have any taper in it at all. If the neck was made with the heel following the taper of the neck it will have a very slight back angle, whereas an original is dead flat in relation to the fingerboard to body, which is where I would say the problem lies. You need to shim the bridge up with some 4mm acoustic side material for example. Deepening the pocket will put the strings very close to the body which can be bad news if you do any slap/pop stuff. Your fingers will get trapped between string and body every time you pop one out.

Edited by lettsguitars

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1341677028' post='1722667']
My Dirnt has the Crown of the Fretboard 9mm above the scratch plate. Plate is 3ply. So whats that 12MM from body to highest point of the Fretboard or there abouts?
[/quote]

how much is left under the pocket? and how deep is the pocket?

Edited by slobluesine

i've been trying to convince Phil the pocket is too shallow on this since i got it, i know he will fix it but it's the frig of sending it back and i'll probably have to spray the pocket edges and i havn't got any butterscotch left and i wanna plug the thing in.

plus despite months of discussing the project he originally sent me a Jazz body :(