Why become a member? ×

Recommendations and advice for pa hire in London

mingsta

Hi guys,

Im looking in to pa hire for my wedding in September

7 piece band, With 2 keys, 2 guitar, drums bass vocals and a couple of backing vocals from band
Medium sized venue with 180 guests

Does anyone know any good pa hire companies in London who offer good kit at a fair price.

We can hire a van and pick up, but even better if they do a drop off and collect service. The lead guitarist is experienced with setting up the sound so won't need an engineer.

Would welcome any general tips on pa hire too ie what works, things to consider as I'm a bit of a newb

Thanks

Ming

How come the band hasn't got all the necessary gear to play a wedding gig?

I'd prefer the band to be responsible for sorting out their requirements. Providing the music should mean providing everything to do with the music and the customer should not really be expected to deal with such things - especially as a newbie to such things. If anything goes wrong, it'll all just descend in to arguments over whose fault it is.

Also, as it's your wedding, you'll have loads of other things to worry about and I wouldn't recommend taking on the PA responsibility if you're not experienced about such things.

Sorry if this seems a bit pessimistic, but a wedding is not really the best sort of event to start learning about such things - you need someone experienced enough to make sure it all goes smoothly.

I've hired from Terminal Studios near London Bridge for a party, I collected myself to keep costs down but I'm pretty sure they do a delivery and possibly setup service as well. [url="http://www.terminal.co.uk/hire.htm"]http://www.terminal.co.uk/hire.htm[/url]

Hey! I should have given a bit of background - the wedding band are all friends and I'll be playing the bass.

I'm really just looking to find a decent firm thats good to deal with and then at that point I'll hand it over to the guitarist to sort out.

Totally hear ya - you really don't want to have to be involved in the nitty gritty on yer big day.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1341907768' post='1725804']
How come the band hasn't got all the necessary gear to play a wedding gig?

I'd prefer the band to be responsible for sorting out their requirements. Providing the music should mean providing everything to do with the music and the customer should not really be expected to deal with such things - especially as a newbie to such things. If anything goes wrong, it'll all just descend in to arguments over whose fault it is.

Also, as it's your wedding, you'll have loads of other things to worry about and I wouldn't recommend taking on the PA responsibility if you're not experienced about such things.

Sorry if this seems a bit pessimistic, but a wedding is not really the best sort of event to start learning about such things - you need someone experienced enough to make sure it all goes smoothly.
[/quote]