Why become a member? ×

More power from my Bass?

Pinball

Hi, I have a Dean bass with EMG-CS PUP's (details below), I love to play it and like the sound, which is a nice metalic growl but it just seems a bit quiet. I also own a thunderous TRB 1005 so I'm not looking to mimic that. I just want to make it more usable for rock.

I was wondering if uprating the preamp was the best way forward.

Specifications (assuming it is original) are here.

[url="http://www.deanguitars.com/content/imagelib/basses/edgeimprov/2.htm"]http://www.deanguitars.com/content/imagelib/basses/edgeimprov/2.htm[/url]

Maybe I am being too picky and should accept it as it is?? What do you think?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, I like the sound as she has character-definatel;y a rock chick so it wouldn't be right to make her sound masculinej. :)

I have a Hartke Bass Attack pedal pedal, that should do it.

Cheers

Edited by Pinball

Hmm I'll need to look into this and experiment a bit-I'll see how fiddling around with amp settings works first but it's more than just turning up the volume but you never know by altering the EQ etc. as well I may get there.

Also I'm not ruling out the Bass Attack as it is a really subtle pedal, probably my favourite pedal in fact.

Alternatively 18v as I want to keep the growl and add some teeth if you know what I mean and more head room should do that. No idea how I'll find out if the pre-amp will run on 18v other than try it as I can hardly find any info on the guitar-maybe someone on the Dean Forum can help with that,

Easy things first!

Thanks

Edited by Pinball

OK some progress to report. By using the "passive" guitar input on my Mag anp, rather than the active and fiddling around with setting I'm much happier. I guess I just need to be more prepared to experiment and far more aware of the differences between the basses.
Sorted.

Thanks