Why become a member? ×

Gigrig Isolator

simwells

Just realised no ones mentioned these on here

http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/PS_Isolator.html

Essentially it's a 4 channel Distributor but with isolated outputs, ideal for many of us who have pedals that need to be isolated to avoid noise and want to simplify our board rather than using mutliple virtual batteries or isolator cables.

Personally mine will be used to power my 3 Moog's and the Source Audio BEF.

I'm told Isolators are shipping on Monday. Hopefully mine will arrive on Tuesday :-)

With regards to the comment about them being cheaper than 2 VB's - yes, BUT the VB does much more than just isolate as it is an actual battery simulator and delivers current flow int he same was as a battery. Some pedals respond very differently with a battery than they do with a power supply - particularly old fuzz pedals that always go noisy and (some) sound harsher when a power supply is used - even a dedicated one. The Isolator will deliver clean direct isolated power so those pedals that really want a battery to sound their best will still need a VB.

I expect this won't affect many folks though as battery fussy pedals are few and far between these days. Worth pointing out though!

Either way this is looking like it'll be an awesome bit of kit.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1343380864' post='1749732']
about the gig rig PSU in general - it supplies less power and costs more than the Godlyke Powerall right?
[/quote]

No. The Powerall provides 2000mA and the Generator provides 5000mA - So the GigRig has two and half time the juice. I used to use the Godlyke but I moved to a Diago powerstation as I have some noise problems with it when using my Moogerfoogers even with virtual batteries. The Diago was very good but I needed much more juice so moved up to the Generator. As for cost - Yes, the Generator costs more than the Godlyke, but in my experience you get what you pay for. if you are only powering half a dozen pedals and none of them a re 'promlematic' then the Godlyke is a great choice!

Shep