Why become a member? ×

painting a bass/guitar

greyshark

Does anybody know how to paint a bass like this:
[url="http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/93/product_large/BGAMRH17.JPG"]http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/93/product_large/BGAMRH17.JPG[/url]

What kind of colours you need to use?How to do it?

oo-err, looks like it might be spin-coated. Body fixed to a fast spinning turntable then dobs of different colour paint splooshed onto the spinning wood.
Looks like fun but don't wear your wife's best frock (as a general rule). Paint is likely to be acrylic-based.

ah, a fellow flea fan i see. i would say the colours are down to personal preference. personally, i dont want a bass with blue and orange together. but those flea basses were painted by damien hirst, and retailed at something stupid like £50,000. flea uses one live for look around i think? its the same as the one in the video for the song. i dont think i would ever have one near me tbh. i have heard they can be very hit and miss with regards to quality control. (i have had too many "hit and miss" basses for the short time that i have been playing already).

more on that £50,000 price tag. damien hirst doesnt take anything from that. he doesnt even take his expenses from it. it all goes to fleas charity, the silverlake conservatory of music. its worth looking at, its not just him trying to get kids involved in music, but trying to give them sometthing to focus on to keep them from making mischeif.

good luck if you ever try this. its a cool idea and i wouldnt mind one. (although not a flea bass)