Why become a member? ×

Boss SYB-5 Dubstep

Mattbass97

Hello!! Ive finally finished my pedalboard and my effects set up but as those of you who know once you start you cant stop! haha anyways id love to be able to get those synthy bass drops and wobbles you find in dubstep (im not a dubstep lover, but i think it would be cool to recreate the sound). I looked around youtube and only found a few vids that suited what i wanted and even still they werent very good. Have you guys got any demos or videos or pictures of settings or experiances or anything for me? if so leave a comment id love to hear! :)

Thanks!!

Panthairsoft is your man for this - his feet's busier than his fingers, but it's a close call. ;)

FWIW I had the SYB5 and expression pedal and I could get Dubstep wobbles out of it and they were pretty good. It's not the most flexible unit on the market, but it's pretty good for the money. It's worth picking one up in the 'for sale' forum, and if you don't like it, then you can always punt it back up for sale again - we're all GAS-hags and forever changing our setups in line with our whims and fancies.

Edited by paul_5

Filter wise, a lot of Dubstep bassists use the Source Audio BEF (& Pro) with the Hot Hand. I use the Moog LPF with an Exp pedal & Shep's just changed his set up (though he uses the Moog MP-201 to get his wubs going).
I also know that good results can be had from the Line 6 M9/M13.

Secret to the sound is Octave &--#62; Fuzz &--#62; Filter & add whatever else you want to make it your sound (chorus, bitcrusher, phaser or whatever).

[url="http://www.facebook.com/groups/265330523479274/"]Organic Bass Wobble[/url] is a good source of info & discussion.

Here's a video of some bassists wobbling (I'm in there somewhere)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmAnGzNQxE&feature=g-u-u

Edited by xgsjx