Why become a member? ×

Sue Ryder bass on our band's video (Sea Bass Kid)

mcnach

Here's a video for our track "In the city"... featuring a Sue Ryder P-bass! :)
OK, I admit that the recording was done with my Stingray... but hey. ;)

It's really confusing... there was a story that made a lot of sense, but a 5-part screen and a 3 minute song does not help. :lol: I hear there will be a much longer version where the story will be clearer.

Here's the "trailer" first.
[url="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2451262435055"]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2451262435055[/url]

It was fun ;)

And here the video itself:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jeaWrBImVUk[\youtube]

that's one of our earlier tracks, and not very representative of what we sound like now... I'm not sure why we chose that song, actually :lol:
It was filmed last September, when our trumpet player had just joined us. The "script" was devised by our singer's brother, who did not know we now had a sixth member... so he does not feature heavily in the video... but he is there, in the background, everytime we get mugged. ;)
There may be a simpler version out soon.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1343730772' post='1754201']
you know for years I wondered what was above that Scotmid :)
[/quote]

Now you know! :) But the sign is fake, however the gym is real.
We got the keys to it and had an absolute blast there :lol:

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1343729308' post='1754161']
Hey Hey That Ryder looks pretty good . Love the fact its a real cheapy on a pukka vid ;)

Looks pretty fun to make to. Must have been great wandering around looking miserable all that time hee hee

A
[/quote]

Yeah, I was supposed to be serious to start, and then I am the first one to get mugged, so that was me for teh day :P

but oh yes, it was fun.

I hoe we get the long version soon. I took a spoonful of raspberry jam, so that I could spit it when I am on the ground after getting hit. But I kept swallowing it as it was so yummy... we had to repeat the take a few times :lol: Once I was full I was ok ;)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1343751481' post='1754635']
Nice one Jose! Catchy tune that :)

There should be more love for anything with white pickup covers these days too ;)
[/quote]

Thanks :) we really should have done another (it's not exactly the best) but I think the idea of doing a video around Edinburgh seemed fun.

White pickup covers... hmmm :blush: I have a set of Thumpers, black covers, for that bass, just waiting for the right time :mellow:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1343760809' post='1754860']
I said the same about the video we did, there are better songs on the old album. I enjoyed it all the same, I'm going to have another watch!
[/quote]

Glad you did :)

Yeah, filming was so much fun! I cna't wait for teh next one.