Why become a member? ×

line 6 DL4 ( can someone help me out)

matt_citizenbass

Yeah, actually you can.

I just googled it. You have to turn true bypass off but its not much of a tone-sucker (with my limited testing capabilities .. read 'ears'). Once off itmakes the delays much more pleasent to use, as the lack of trails makes it a bit unnatural.

Try the line 6 forums.

Dan

Aha!!

[i][b]On the stomp-box modelers, how do I turn on the alternate (delay trails) bypass and what does it do?[/b]

Alternate Bypass will allow the delay to remain in the signal (fade off into the distance) when the pedal is turned off, where True Bypass will stop the delay as soon as the pedal is turned off. Alternate bypass mode should prevent any drop in volume level when the pedal is engaged. In addition, it will not cut off delay trails in a long delay setting.

To switch between true bypass and alternate bypass mode, you will need to hold down the a and c buttons at the same time for at least three seconds while inserting the left mono input(which will turn on the unit) to initialize alternate bypass. It will remember the selected bypass mode. Since it's a simple toggle, if you want to switch back, just repeat the process.[/i]

Dan