Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz - Black/Maple £300. Withdrawn.

Donnyboy

2008 MIM , great loooking, playing & sounding Jazz.
I bought it late last year from a chap near Glasgow and it the bass in this previous thread

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/92280-2008-mim-uber-black-fender-jazz-price-drop/page__p__878426__hl__uber__fromsearch__1#entry878426"]http://basschat.co.u...__1#entry878426[/url]

Since I've had it I've addded vintage style elephant ear tuners & had it professionally set up to my liking .
The guitar doc I used put me off doing " unnecessary" upgrades as he said it wouldn't really add anything - he particulary liked the pick-ups and neck.
I'd say it's in good condition and to be honest i haven't really used it very much - it is a very good looking bass though!!

Here's some recent pics

[attachment=114967:DSC_0175.jpg]

[attachment=114968:DSC_0176.jpg]

[attachment=114969:DSC_0177.jpg]

[attachment=114970:DSC_0178.jpg]

[attachment=114971:DSC_0179.jpg]

I'd prefer collection if possible & am more than happy for anyone interested to come see/play.

My cunning plan is to try and get a semi acoustic and some kind of cheaper Jazz & maybe do a bitsa , but we'll see what happens

Any questions give me a shout

Edit - I've had a "I'm going to regret this " feeling on this ( see Merello's post below )Apologies to anyone interested.
Played in last night and loved it - looks good too!

Edited by Donnyboy

Tom46 to Me to Edster to Donnyboy....the Basschat bloodline is there!

Miss this bass like crazy man! Set up by 7string at the time, think I also put some new capacitors in it and shielded it with copper lining (no guarantees!). Bought and fitted the black scratch plate too. What a technical wizard I am! Sold it in a GAS attack to get something better and never succeeded. If I had money I'd buy it with confidence.

Edited by merello