Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky MV4 (Metro) + Nordstrand SVs....oh my...

TheDaivisch

So I recently acquired a Sadowsky MV4 in 59 burst with maple neck from a fellow basschatter. Lovely bass - light as a feather (ridiculously light in fact) and a neck that is the perfect combination of thin and chunky. It plays like butter. And then there's that Sadowsky tone.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I decided I'd drop my Nordy SVs into it and see what happens...At first the sound was a little too bright and perhaps a tad harsh and inorganic sounding. So I changed the volume pot to a 250K and....WHAM, there it is. Gorgeous super-super vintage/modern Jazz tone. It's quite possibly the best sounding jazz I've ever heard. The Sadowsky HC pickups are great, but the Nordys are even better - more detailed crunchy high end, more pronounced midrange (I can now get some honk, which wasn't really there before) and it still has that super tight punchy bottom end. i would say the Nordys are more alive that the Sadowskys.Tone to die for.

Clips and pics soon.

Dave