Why become a member? ×

Pedal issues... REALLY appreciate some insight!!!

binky_bass

Hey guys,

I'd really like to get this sorted ASAP so any help would be great!!!

I've got this Rocktron Cyborg Reverb Pedal that's caused me an issue a while back, it produced a high pitched hum when powered along side any other pedal... Since then I isolated it with a seperate power supply, and it's been fine. But after having sold a few pedals and re-arranged my board, I'm having issues with that pedal, but of a different nature.

Now the bigger is making my active Spector Euro LX6 sound like its farting! Almost like I'm playing through a blown speaker... (I'm not!!!)

I've re-jigged everything in a load of different orders but still the issue remains... It's not the patch leads, or the power supply or the amp. (well, so I think!) and it only happens with this pedal and only since I got rid of a few pedals...

So, any ideas???

Thanks! Russ.

Yeah mate,

I've tried it on its own with different patch leads and a different power supply... still getting that farty kinda noise! Seems only to happen with my spector though? Pedal or bass issue I wonder?

Though both 'appear' fine when not used together...

Is the Spector active? could be either too much input from bass OR low battery in bass if it's active...

Otherwise I would check the pedal is getting enough amps (not volts) as some are quite thirsty for power, they will work with less power until you push them, then they fall over and distort.