Why become a member? ×

Hipshot detuner BT1 - but read the story - NOW SOLD

I bought a Hipshot BT1, recommended for musicman basses, direct from the USA for around $52 to put on my Sterling by Musicman SB14. But it didn't fit on the smaller headstock of that particular that model.

So - I sold it to a fellow basschatter. When he tried to fit it to his stingray he said it was defective - that the tuning peg mechanism caught and wouldn't turn. He returned it to me, I gave him his money back. I contacted the seller, who has since replaced it as defective, free of charge, and with a BT7.

Back to the BT1 - it didn't look odd at all when it came back so I jerry-rigged it to my SB-14 and I was surprised to find that it apparently was in order - the bassplate didn't fit, overlapping with that of the next tuner and also the screws didn't all line up, but the actual gear mechanism seemed to work perfectly well and also the detuner.

So, there it is. It either works or it doesn't! To recoup my postage costs from to-ing and fro-ing I offer it for sale for £20 posted on the condition that you pay me once you have received it, fitted it and are happy with it. Worst case you waste time fitting it and have an interesting paperweight. At best you get a virtually band new BT1 detuner for £20!!

Edited by Paul S