Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro mods?

cd_david

A couple of issues/mods I would like to do to my otherwise very happy purchase.

I bought an original euro 5 with EMGs with tone pump circuit. Vol. Vol. Bass. Treble.

Firstly i would like to turn it to vol pan b&t so wiring diags would be appreciated? secondly is there a way to reduce the very hot output?

Thanks

Dave

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1344803012' post='1769386']
Depending on how old your Tonepump circuit is there should be a trim pot on the preamp that allows you to reduce the output. Spector recommend setting it at about 70% [/quote]

Hmmm my circuit seems to be a sealed box gules to the side with no visible screw or hole. :(

My Euro 4 LX had a boost only Tonepump with no gain control so it was always soooooooo hot. In the end, I replaced it with a EMG BTS which IMHO made a huge difference.

Not that the Tonepump was good or bad, I just found it didn't work for me with the "start from hot and get hotter" thing.

Like you, I'd ideally want to have a master vol and pan rather than two volumes so I'd be interested how it pans out <BOOM TISH> :D

T