Why become a member? ×

NCB - EAD Content

eude

Well I finally got hold of my new cab!
A prototype EAD Foundation 112.

I've not managed to try it out loud yet, but the neighbours are away this week :)
I have tried these cabs out before though and I haven't heard anything better :yarr:

It's a 3 way design, with a 12", 6" and tweeter, all controlled by a custom designed, hand built crossover.
It's an easy 1 hand lift and the fit and finish is incredible, especially considering it's a hand made cab, when the design finally makes full production it will be the best 3 way cab available on the earth, I honestly believe that!

[attachment=115496:ACG_EAD_Nice.jpg]

More to come over the next few days :)

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1344806570' post='1769468']
Well I finally got hold of my new cab!
A prototype EAD Foundation 112.

I've not managed to try it out loud yet, but the neighbours are away this week :)
I have tried these cabs out before though and I haven't heard anything better :yarr:

It's a 3 way design, with a 12", 6" and tweeter, all controlled by a custom designed, hand built crossover.
It's an easy 1 hand lift and the fit and finish is incredible, especially considering it's a hand made cab, when the design finally makes full production it will be the best 3 way cab available on the earth, I honestly believe that!

[attachment=115496:ACG_EAD_Nice.jpg]

More to come over the next few days :)

Eude
[/quote]

The fit and finish on that cab, even in the photos, looks like Berg quality. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1344808745' post='1769536']
[/quote]

It's ridiculous!
I've heard about these cabs denting anything they come into contact with, regardless of the material, they're built to last!

Eude

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1344808745' post='1769536']

[/quote]

They exceed berg quality and I can attest to the robustness having smacked mine a few times!

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1344955571' post='1771596']
I was looking forward to giving one of these a run with Dave at our studio but you went and bought them all :)
[/quote]

Ha ha, I only bought one, Spoombung bought the other :)

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1345132704' post='1774078']
Looks like a well designed cab.

Would it be easier to hear on a gig if it was sitting on its side I wonder?

Frank.
[/quote]

Aha! It tilts back, and has a fold out handle the like Promethean Combo, so it angles the whole thing upwards a bit.
There's a lip on the top to stop your amp head slipping off too - incredibly well thought out design from EAD :)
I'll try and get some more pics and some proper playing time with it soon, having a real DIY'mare at home just now, and for the foreseeable, so I'm really struggling to make any time to play :(

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1345132947' post='1774086']
Aha! It tilts back, and has a fold out handle the like Promethean Combo, so it angles the whole thing upwards a bit.
There's a lip on the top to stop your amp head slipping off too - incredibly well thought out design from EAD :)
I'll try and get some more pics and some proper playing time with it soon, having a real DIY'mare at home just now, and for the foreseeable, so I'm really struggling to make any time to play :(

Eude
[/quote]

Well that all sounds very clever and practical.

I think I might adopt the tilt-back idea on my Midget.

Cheers,

Frank.

Well chuffed with mine. Sounds embarrassingly good. My only criticism is that it's not easy to tilt back because the little stand thing that you pull out has no catch and doesn't click or fix into place. You have to slide your hand underneath and try and pull the handle thing out which is very difficult and to be honest, a bit risky as you could crush your hand. I may employ a length of string to aid me next time! Other than that, very pleased.