Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 questions

citymariner

Im after consolidating some bits on my board and I reckon I'm gonna pull the plug and go for a B3.

However, when ever I come to checkout I consider adding on the behringer bdi and then questioning whether the BDI effect in the zoom is as good.

Anybody got any experience or comparison?

Also, anyone with a B3 go on and buy the expression pedal, it doesn't seem great on the b2.1u and I'm wondering if I can plug in my passive exp. pedal I have lying around at home?

Thanks in advance,

CM

I have a Sansamp and a Zoom B3. The real thing (and the Behringer not so real thing) do actually sound better than the Sansamp emulation on the Zoom when it comes to turning the Gain up... But if you don't use the gain much youll be unlikely to notice enough of a difference to let it bother ya :)

Great pieces of kit anyways :D

Finally got the wifey's permission to pull the trigger last night on one of these...delivery Tuesday....sooooo excited.

Slightly off topic but i wonder if the behringer expression pedal will work with it ? I picked one up the otherday for £22 and i have to say i'm quite impressed quality wise (time will tell!), works great with my Boss SYB 5 synth pedal. I have a Moog exp pedal too but read above that they do not work to well.

Maybe we should set up a shared B3 settings page ;)

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1345840033' post='1782388']
Can you see the screens well enough at gigs?
Its difficult to see how big and how clear they are
[/quote]

The screens are probably about an inch and a half wide, plenty big enough! They're hard to see in daylight unless you get very close (like trying to read a digital watch with the sun shining on it) but its never caused me any significant problems. Clear as anything at your average venue. And the tuner is very very visible!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1345852095' post='1782536']

The screens are probably about an inch and a half wide, plenty big enough! They're hard to see in daylight unless you get very close (like trying to read a digital watch with the sun shining on it) but its never caused me any significant problems. Clear as anything at your average venue. And the tuner is very very visible!
[/quote]

Thanks, that sounds good.
I might have to press the button on one of these.
Cheers
Thebassman

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1345852095' post='1782536']
[/quote]

You can adjust the contrast to assist with that.

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1345874589' post='1782574']
Thanks, that sounds good.
I might have to press the button on one of these.
Cheers
Thebassman
[/quote]
They're freakin grrrrrreat! Totally loving mine, gigged it last night...top notch!

• 3 months later...

Thread resurrection society. My B2 is ill (one too many beers spilt on it I think), so considering an alternative - and I'm looking at individual pedals too at the moment, but that's a different topic.

So, with the B2 I can chain 9 effects for each patch. Does the B3 do that too? It looks like it is just the equivalent of three effects pedals - but I could be wrong. Have I misread the manual? Can anyone enlighten me?

CHeers

Geoff