Why become a member? ×

Cairnes Colt Bass Guitar

Jazzmist

I would love to get my late husband Colt Bass Guitar played on a big stage - it's a great looking bass made by Jim Cairnes.

Here's a couple more pics to temp you bass players out there, I live close to London so the O2 or Wembley would be nice - only joking - there nothing wrong in dreaming. I know I'll properly sell one day as I can't even play or see it being played, after 8 years of silence it time it was seen and heard.

Living just outside London - in Essex

Edited by Jazzmist

Hi & welcome to the forum. I never knew there was ever a bass version of the Colt - used to go to Guitarzan in Middlesbrough as a kid & they had a Colt guitar that was a bit of a talking point at the time!

Sadly Jim Cairnes passed away last year. All the instruments I've seen that he's been involved with have been great & there are quite a few others on here who think the same. I don't have a gigging band myself, but I'm sure there'll be someone on here who'd love to take the Colt out for a number or two...

Jim was based in Teesside - are you based in the North East too?

Cheers,

B.

Edited by benebass

Oh wow. I thought I knew alot about Jims creations - but never have known anybody to have a Colt bass. Wow. Ive got a couple of Jims basses and guitars and they are ace. He was the most supreme pickup winder too. Sadly missed.

Love the Colt.

[quote name='Jazzmist' timestamp='1345407077' post='1777232']
I would love to get my late husband Colt Bass Guitar played on a big stage - it's a great looking bass made by Jim Cairnes.
[/quote]

If you're not a player yourself, I'm sure there would a few offers from members to use it for a few numbers locally so you could at least get some pics taken. Quite a few on here play some quite large gigs. Maybe if you post your location someone will offer.

Looks a really off the wall and interesting bass.