Why become a member? ×

jazz bass replacement pots

lowfer

I've often wondered... what exactly are these wiring kits/harnesses of which you speak? What is their main use and their advantage over standard wiring options? They sound interesting! What does a typical one cost?

I would say their main use is as a complete 'drop in' replacement of wiring/pots/jack with quality components & a simple solderless connection. Ideal for many bass players who may not be so mechanically competent or technically minded or not have the tools or not too good at soldering or just can't be arsed or would rather save money compared to taking their bass to a luthier or guitar/music shop down the road.

Their advantage is you are getting a custom/hand made, individually tested bit of kit which you know is good & will provide 'the best' possible signal path from your pick ups to your cable - into your amp.

The advantage over a perfectly good, quality, factory installed wiring kit is minimal at best probably negligible & couldn't be classed as an upgrade at all, but if you are replacing an old, worn, tired, dirty, scratchy, loose connection, cheaper than chips, crappy piece of probably far eastern sh*te components, then the advantages can be enormous. Performance, long life & reliability are of course worth considering, many people will say - worth it just for the peace of mind.

I would also say if you are thinking of upgrading the pick ups in a bass, then surely it's also a good idea to upgrade the parts that can make all the difference, for less than you might think.

If you would like a kit, I am very happy to discuss specs & details by PM before giving a price, please feel free to contact me if you're interested.

BTW my feedback may be worth a look ;)

Cheerz, John