Why become a member? ×

SWR Redhead 400W Combo for sale

Solomon

Hi Guys, long time lurker, first time poster!

I've got a modern SWR Redhead for sale - it's the latest 400W version with onboard compressor... not the Super Redhead or the early Redhead. Hence it has been made since 2008... it's no more than 3-4 years old. Sure, it's been gigged a few times but it's never let me down and it sounds absolutely exquisite. On the bad side it's got a tiny bit of superficial wear and tear on the fabric. On the good side it's got a softcase and tough replacement casters.

New they cost around £1500 from Thomann and I'm looking for about £950 for it... or any sensible offer :)

Why am I getting rid of it? I just went out and bought myself a big MarkBass stack :D

I've got a few photographs online with more of a description that you can find on [url="http://doug.co/swr-redhead-bass-amp-for-sale/"]this here web page[/url].

Give me a shout if you're interested!

Edited by Solomon

About time I bumped this baby!

I've read another thread around here from a guy selling another similar amp - the older, less powerful SWR "Super" Redhead - and he has been reckoning it's not loud enough for his needs. I have used the old super redhead at a venue the provided its own backline and it was using this amp which inspired me to buy the lastest version for myself, although I never had to push the Super Redhead because it was a smaller, jazz-based band in a smallish venue.

Let's get one thing absolutely straight... this amp is more than loud enough for 99% of everybody's needs... (unless you are in 30-piece death-doom-grind-dead-heavy-hard-metal-core band and you have to stand 30 feet away from your backline)

I've been using my amp in a live 6-piece soul/disco/funk function band standing next to a really loud rock-based drummer and a singer who can rip your ears off... and I've never had to take it past 1/2 or its power capability! This thing really shifts some air! Maybe the extra 50W the new Redhead has over the Super Redhead makes all the difference. I would also usually extend it with a Trace Elliot 1x15" and get something like 650W out of it... it becamea skill to tweak the volume pot in small enough increments not to go from too quiet to too loud ;)

• 2 weeks later...