Why become a member? ×

Akai Deep Impact - problem and help needed

Gunsfreddy2003

Evening all,

My Deep Impact has been playing up, the output volume drops to about half of what it normally is with the level at half way.

It has been away twice now to a repairer recommended by Daniel at The Gigrig and they are saying that there is nothing wrong with it and have checked ith through thoroughly and sorted out any dry joints etc. They think that a pedal in my set up is overloading the input stage of the Akai but the problem was still occurring when I had the pedal working in isolation so I don't agree. The other suggestion is that my basses are too hot for the pedal and this is resulting in a digital overload and the pedal reducing the output as a safety measure.

Has anyone else heard or had anything similar with their Deep Impact?

Not sure as I never had to use it like that - I have only had it a short time but when I first got it you just turned it on and it worked no problem at all. I seem to have had issues since I bought a looper with a blend in to replace my LS2 and can't think why. Turning the amp up to compensate is not ideal when you are stomping on and off for different parts of a tune!

Sorry is mis-interpreted what you meant for a minute!

The pedal is coming back from London today so I can try that and see what I can hear - bloody annoying as first time it came back it worked perfectly and then after a couple of weeks same problem again. He cannot get it not to work properly all the time that he has tested it!

Could there be anything in a looper that would cause this?

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1346402863' post='1788706']
I meant turn up the amp just for testing... if you don't have it loud enough you might not hear the problem
[/quote]