Why become a member? ×

newbie needs advice about selling a bass...

sulkyjimbass

evening bass players ....

does anyone have any advice on how to sell a really nice bass (1971 fretless fender jazz with work done by noted legends) without ebaying it or letting a shop do it, thus avoiding effectively giving it away? I want it to go to a genuinely good home and I dont want to have my time wasted! (all the usual stories apply about impending baby, need bigger car, cant justify having it as I never use it etc apply).

Sorry to ask such a cheap sounding question as my introduction ... but I thought you guys might have some sage advice !!!

Any helpful suggestions really gratefully received ...

This is as good a place to sell as anywhere. Have a look at 'For sale: Basses' in the Marketplace. Read through the pinned topics there and you'll get all the advice you'll need. Look through the instruments up for sale and do some research on ebay to find what prices similar instruments a going for. Be realistic with your pricing as it is a buyers market for obvious reasons at the moment. When you post don't forget to post photos from the outset and give lots of details about your bass.

Best of luck with the sale and the new arrival.

Edited by BassBus

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1346782179' post='1793206']
This is as good a place to sell as anywhere. Have a look at 'For sale: Basses' in the Marketplace. Read through the pinned topics there and you'll get all the advice you'll need. Look through the instruments up for sale and do some research on ebay to find what prices similar instruments a going for. Be realistic with your pricing as it is a buyers market for obvious reasons at the moment. When you post don't forget to post photos from the outset and give lots of details about your bass.

Best of luck with the sale and the new arrival.
[/quote]

As above, welcome to the forum, but shame you`re having to sell such a great instrument.