Why become a member? ×

another THUMBS UP for Bass Direct

mcnach

I haven't bought a lot from BD, maybe three times before... but it was always reasonably efficient and pleasant.

However this last time it was better.

I ordered a pickup.
A package arrived very quickly... unfortunately with the wrong pickup. This was yesterday.
I wrote to Mark, and he posted the right pickup immediately, without waiting for me to return the other one. The right one arrived this morning.

For me good service is defined not so much by how they act normally, when they get things right, but by how they respond when they get it wrong. I could not ask for more, short of Mark personally jumping in a plane last night to deliver the pickup personally and perhaps install it for me :lol:

So... thumbs up from me.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1348254356' post='1811578']
Ordered a strap one afternoon it arrived the next morning, Mark has ordered me custom Nordstrand pick-ups in the past - no hassle. Oooh and he sells those lovely Vanderkley cabs that I've taken a shine to :)
[/quote]
Vanderkley, vanderkley, bloody vanderkley... it's all I hear these days... my bass teacher has them (though he doesn't go on about them), and loads of online journos have them and rave and rave... *surely* they can't be that good?? :gas:

I've never owned any other cabs so i don't know what's heavy and what's not...

I can litt them into and out of my landy, so that's all I think about I guess...

Are the Vanderkley's not only unbelievable sounding, but light as a feather too? Pah... I may have made a wrong choice here! :o