Why become a member? ×

a recommended luthier in Essex - total waste of time - avoid!

Shonks

[s][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Bob Johnson 01702 558890 [/color][/font][url="http://www.legraguitars.co.uk/"]http://www.legraguitars.co.u[/url][/s][url="http://www.legraguitars.co.uk/"]k[/url][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828] [s]Leigh-on-Sea[/s][/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]this guy is on your recommender luthers list[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I do not recommend him at all. He said he would dress the frets on my main bass within 7 days for £40.[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I told him I had a lot of work but would make do with my back up basses at least for the week.[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Two weeks later after hearing nothing I called him. He hadn't even taken it out the case yet.[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Completely and without apology, he said he would do it the next day (how long if I hadn't of called?)[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I told him to leave it..[/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I didn't want anyone with such an unprofessional code of practice touching my bass.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]If you're an amateur or play bass as a hobby and time isn't an issuel use him ...otherwise forget it!!!!!![/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I waited two weeks to give him a chance in case there were problems with it, or in a nieve way I actually thought he might be taking special care to impress a new client. - that was stupid wasn't it! [/color][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828] :blink:[/color][/font]

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1347010887' post='1795890']
You'd think that given how diificult things have been in recent years for most small businesses, that he would do everything possible to make a new customer happy.

Is Stevenage in Herts too far from your neck of the woods? There is a very good chap over there.
[/quote]my thoughts exactly....I'll go too London to get it done...thanks!!

I actually replaced Bob in the band he used to play in! I've also found his work to be lacking as well as his time scheduling he set up one of my basses and it was all over the place when he had finished - intonation was way out.

Steve - I can recommend a guy called Chris Cutmore 07717130559, who lives in Thundersley. A couple of the music stores locally use him.

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1347128587' post='1797287']
I actually replaced Bob in the band he used to play in! I've also found his work to be lacking as well as his time scheduling he set up one of my basses and it was all over the place when he had finished - intonation was way out.

Steve - I can recommend a guy called Chris Cutmore 07717130559, who lives in Thundersley. A couple of the music stores locally use him.
[/quote]brilliant!! thanks!!