Why become a member? ×

looping setup help

clarket2

Hi,

I"m putting together a looping setup forbade performance, however I feel its got a little overcomplicated and was wondering if anyone can think of a simpler solution.

At the moment what I have is my bass direct into channel one of a 16 channel behringer mixer (importantly with two subgroup outputs). I then have a delay, reverb and a dl4 (looper/delay) connected to auxs 1,2 and 3 respectively, with there returns connected to channels 2-4. The two subgroup outputs of the desk are connected to another looper and a multifx unit respectively with their returns connected to channels 5 & 6.

The reason for this mixer based system is that it allows me to route any of the effects into each other, meaning that I can produce some.really unique.sounds. It also means that I can blend sounds using the channel faders.

However, the fact it is.based on a live mixer means that all the routing has to be done with the hands meaning you have to stop playing. Also it is very easy to route things in to themselves (however this.might just be a case of some do not touch stickers!). It is also a mess of cables at the moment!

Can anyone think of a simpler solution that ideally.I can control with my feet? I had a look at the gigrig pro but am I right in thinking that you can"t put things in parrallel and it is limited to a linear signal path?

Cheers,
Tom

I think to have more than 2 or 3 parallel lines you'll need a mixer to blend them back together anyway. I like this approach but yeh it's not practical. You could replace the faders with volume pedals but got knows how you'd get foot controllable aux knobs.

I suppose the answer is to get a soundcard and do this in the computer, then get a controller for that.

well, you only really have 5 "outboard" units, you are running them in mono right? In which case you need something with at least 6 ins and outs. I would aim for 8 in and out.

I guess you're aiming at a laptop else i'd recommend an M-Audio Delta PCI card which are great. I use mine for routing to pedals when we're DIing guitars and bass. Quite often I record a dry track, then feed this out to several pedals, record them all seperately (at the same time), then mix them together in the computer.