Why become a member? ×

What a bloody mess of a bass

Jigster

i get the appeal of relics, but i dont personally like them, if my guitar is new, i want to look F*****g new! But if its old, real vintage, i like it to look used.

But that warwick is just all over the shop, the point is relic it wear it would naturally damge and wear from actual playing; the forearm rest, the thumb rest, around knobs. Not just any old place!

Btw, i noticed everyone blanking their swears, is there some kind of no swearing rule on this site or what?
I blanked mine incase there was :D

Ben.

[quote name='bengovier182' timestamp='1349432973' post='1826185']
i get the appeal of relics, but i dont personally like them, if my guitar is new, i want to look F*****g new! But if its old, real vintage, i like it to look used.

But that warwick is just all over the shop, the point is relic it wear it would naturally damge and wear from actual playing; the forearm rest, the thumb rest, around knobs. Not just any old place!
[/quote]

Apart from not really getting the new-relic thing, for me the main point is that that model of bass hasn't been around long enough to naturally wear to that extent, would need to have been treated with total disrespect.

Or faked.