Why become a member? ×

Reverb unit into desk for vocals only..How to please.

KennysFord

Hi folks,
I'm doing the sound for our band tomorrow and a need little help please.
We normally use a desk with built in effects but tomorrow we have to use a different analogue desk and rack effects.
I've had a play with it today and figured it out to a point. I've taken both outs from the desk into the effects unit then out to the amp. I've managed to find a decent reverb for vocals but what has just struck me is that we're sending the keys thru the desk as well and we don't want reverb on them.

Something in the back of my mind tells me that I can use aux 2 (the desk only has 2 aux's) for effects but I can't figure it out as the effects unit has two inputs and aux's are just jack out.
Anyone a bit more clued up out there who can help me out. It would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Pete.
B)

What's the effects unit? Most will happily take a mono input and will still do some kind of stereo processing to the output.

Use Aux 2 to send the input to the FX unit, make sure it's set to 'post fader' if you have a choice. Plug the stereo outputs from the FX unit into the desk L/R return, and assign the return signal to the main mixer bus. Plug the mixer outputs straight into the amp.

Edited by pete.young

Cheers for the reply Pete.
It's a Behringer Virtualiser Pro.
I did some some research earlier and have done it pretty much as you say apart from going mono in from aux2 and then a mono out to the left (mono)aux return and then just have the aux 2 up on the vocal channel.
Thanks again Bud,
Pete.
B)