Why become a member? ×

genz-benz shuttle 6.0

Looking through the available options i had narrowed my choices down to the mark bass LM2 or F1 then i heard about the genz-benz shuttle 6.0 wow they sound awesome, problem is no one seems to have one. I found one in the USA via e bay express but they wont ship outside the USA :)

Any suggestions?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='190897' date='May 2 2008, 10:12 PM']have you spoken to Poptart?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14810"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14810[/url][/quote]

Cheers i have PM'd him hopefully being 'affiliated' means a BC discount :)

I really have the GAS bad, i have just sold my iAmp so it's going to be difficult not to buy the Markbass if theres no stock :huh:

[quote name='steve-norris' post='190894' date='May 2 2008, 09:10 PM']Looking through the available options i had narrowed my choices down to the mark bass LM2 or F1 then i heard about the genz-benz shuttle 6.0 wow they sound awesome, problem is no one seems to have one. I found one in the USA via e bay express but they wont ship outside the USA :)

Any suggestions?[/quote]

On the way Steve - I suggest you come and try the Shuttles against the MB LMII and F1 as there are subtle yet distinct differences. Ask CrazyKiwi - we have spent a couple of hours with a LMII, F1 and a Genz Benz Neo Pak that I believe will sound similar to the Shutlle and has the same eq, tone pre-sets etc. It most most enlightening :-)

Let me know if I can help you further.

Mark

[quote name='steve-norris' post='190894' date='May 2 2008, 10:10 PM']Looking through the available options i had narrowed my choices down to the mark bass LM2 or F1 then i heard about the genz-benz shuttle 6.0 wow they sound awesome, problem is no one seems to have one. I found one in the USA via e bay express but they wont ship outside the USA :)

Any suggestions?[/quote]
Why are you saying that your choices are the LM2 or F1? There are loads of options regarding amps - Bass Direct have GB gear. Personnally, I'd Sh@g my R500 (if there was a hole big enough). I think 'WaterofTyne' feels the same about Boogie Walkabouts.... I could recommend loads of stuff what are your perameters?

[quote name='Ham fisted Bass' post='190908' date='May 2 2008, 10:26 PM']Why are you saying that your choices are the LM2 or F1? There are loads of options regarding amps - Bass Direct have GB gear. Personnally, I'd Sh@g my R500 (if there was a hole big enough). I think 'WaterofTyne' feels the same about Boogie Walkabouts.... I could recommend loads of stuff what are your perameters?[/quote]

Well i pretty sold on the light weight hybrid type and to be honest had forgotten about the R500, what i am looking for is small and very importantly light weight, 500W output at 4ohm. What really sold me on the GB was all these combined in a tiny light weight package and importantly to me a headphone output for home practice when the kids are in bed, looks like the complete package and it sounded great in the demos especially when driving the tube just to the point of distortion.

I stumbled upon it online while looking for light weight heads the clips and features have pretty much sold me on it, i have briefly used the MB LM2 and liked it a lot the GB just has a more organic sound from what i have heard and a bigger feature list.

[quote name='steve-norris' post='190914' date='May 2 2008, 10:38 PM']Well i pretty sold on the light weight hybrid type and to be honest had forgotten about the R500, what i am looking for is small and very importantly light weight, 500W output at 4ohm. What really sold me on the GB was all these combined in a tiny light weight package and importantly to me a headphone output for home practice when the kids are in bed, looks like the complete package and it sounded great in the demos especially when driving the tube just to the point of distortion.[/quote]
When the kids are in bed (and practice demands) I have two options...

1 - Acoustic practice.
2 - My SWR Electric blue head - c/w headphone jack.

Ok, my R500 doesn't take headphones but it is a fine amp, I can screw the tube into submission, 500W into 4ohm.

[quote name='steve-norris' post='190924' date='May 2 2008, 10:54 PM']I stumbled upon it online while looking for light weight heads the clips and features have pretty much sold me on it, i have briefly used the MB LM2 and liked it a lot the GB just has a more organic sound from what i have heard and a bigger feature list.[/quote]

I sold a shuttle 6 on here a few months back. Personally I'd take a Neopak over the shuttle. They do sound fairly close, but the Neopak driven at high volume seems to have the edge to my ears - it has a very nicely implemented compressor. The 2 ohm capability is also a big plus for me - it makes it easy to mix and match cabs. Incidentally GB buy in a commercial 75W class-D module to use in the shuttle 6, the preamp seems to be the same as the Neopak one.

[quote name='poptart' post='190904' date='May 2 2008, 10:25 PM']On the way Steve - I suggest you come and try the Shuttles against the MB LMII and F1 as there are subtle yet distinct differences. Ask CrazyKiwi - we have spent a couple of hours with a LMII, F1 and a Genz Benz Neo Pak that I believe will sound similar to the Shutlle and has the same eq, tone pre-sets etc. It most most enlightening :-)

Let me know if I can help you further.

Mark[/quote]
We did. I was impressed with all the amps we tried through a Berg 4x10 neo. The F1 and Little Mark didn't show any of that characteristic rubber bandyness that I've come to expect from MarkBass (perhaps because I've only ever tried combos and heads with their cabs in the past). The F1 in particular was a marvel. Quite warm sounding and all from such a tiny package. Great for any player who plays one or two basses at the most and doesn't want to be bothered with a lot of knob twiddling.

However I liked the Genz Benz NeoPak 3.0, particularly because it was the first hybrid head I've ever tried where the sound WASN'T scooped. My Smith sounded firm, punchy and clean, everything I had been looking for in a solid state head. However it didn't sound as aggressively biting in the treble as my GK combo. I personally preferred the firmer, focussed sound of the Genz Benz over the Mark Bass but would prefer something in a smaller package. So once the Shuttles come in, I'll be back up there with my EBS cab.

The sound of the Berg IP 3x10 cab was remarkably sweet as well. Not brittle at all. Although my first impressions were that it wasn't aggressive enough for live use in my band, I'm still not going to write it off yet. Maybe I'll bring my Lexicon MPXG2 too and see how it deals with a solid state preamp.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='191048' date='May 3 2008, 08:10 AM']We did. I was impressed with all the amps we tried through a Berg 4x10 neo. The F1 and Little Mark didn't show any of that characteristic rubber bandyness that I've come to expect from MarkBass (perhaps because I've only ever tried combos and heads with their cabs in the past). The F1 in particular was a marvel. Quite warm sounding and all from such a tiny package. Great for any player who plays one or two basses at the most and doesn't want to be bothered with a lot of knob twiddling.

However I liked the Genz Benz NeoPak 3.0, particularly because it was the first hybrid head I've ever tried where the sound WASN'T scooped. My Smith sounded firm, punchy and clean, everything I had been looking for in a solid state head. However it didn't sound as aggressively biting in the treble as my GK combo. I personally preferred the firmer, focussed sound of the Genz Benz over the Mark Bass but would prefer something in a smaller package. So once the Shuttles come in, I'll be back up there with my EBS cab.

The sound of the Berg IP 3x10 cab was remarkably sweet as well. Not brittle at all. Although my first impressions were that it wasn't aggressive enough for live use in my band, I'm still not going to write it off yet. Maybe I'll bring my Lexicon MPXG2 too and see how it deals with a solid state preamp.[/quote]

Did you actually try the shuttle 6? all the reviews have been very positive but it would be nice to hear an opinion from closer to home.

[quote name='steve-norris' post='191057' date='May 3 2008, 08:28 AM']Did you actually try the shuttle 6? all the reviews have been very positive but it would be nice to hear an opinion from closer to home.[/quote]
No, they're not due in for a couple of weeks according to Mark. However the preamp/eq section in the NeoPak is apparently almost identical (and thats the main thing for me with hybrid heads).

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='191048' date='May 3 2008, 08:10 AM']The F1 and Little Mark didn't show any of that characteristic rubber bandyness that I've come to expect from MarkBass (perhaps because I've only ever tried combos and heads with their cabs in the past).[/quote]
Think you may be right and thats probably the reason why the heads are more popular than the cabs - and I thoght its cos they is yellow.

Well i have one on order ;) just a question of waiting for the shipment :huh: , it's going to be agonizing, mark has advised me not to watch my kettle for some reason :)

[quote name='steve-norris' post='191226' date='May 3 2008, 02:15 PM']Well i have one on order ;) just a question of waiting for the shipment :huh: , it's going to be agonizing, mark has advised me not to watch my kettle for some reason :)[/quote]
Jonny come lately! Some of us have been waiting since March!

I can't wait to hear one - partic after all you guys are saying.

Checking the specs on the website though - is it me or does anyone think 'gimmicky'??

I'm thinking esp. about the combo 'sleeve' and the traffic lights ,on,off,clip,kettles bolied etc etc

Still - if they sound as well as folk say..........

Ohh exposed, sounds rude.

Yes - thats why I got Neox cabs but I think the idea is you take it out for banging around in the back of the transit. I used to like the idea of airheads but you dont see them that often and you would need rack ears for all these little amps.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='191664' date='May 4 2008, 04:23 PM']Ohh exposed, sounds rude.

Yes - thats why I got Neox cabs but I think the idea is you take it out for banging around in the back of the transit. I used to like the idea of airheads but you dont see them that often and you would need rack ears for all these little amps.[/quote]

I see what you mean, but... I could just get a head and a cab in that case!

Mind you, it weighs nowt and it's Genz, so it.. it's cool.